The sugar style in nails is a nail art technique where glitter powder is added to the nails over the top coat. The result is a glossy, textured finish reminiscent of the surface of granulated sugar. This technique is often used to give a unique and creative look to the nails. It is possible to use it with different colors to obtain even more original results.
To make a sugar effect on your nails, you will need a clear top coat such as UV resin or Fini Plus, polish or a color powder of your choice, a UV/LED lamp, as well as a fine glitter and a manicure brush.
Here are the steps to follow to do sugar nails:
- Proceed with your usual color overlay
- When you are finished with your overlay, apply a no-cure finish
- Sprinkle the glitter on the nail and bake under the lamp
- Remove excess glitter using a manicure brush.
- There you go ! Your sugar effect is achieved.
Here is Tanya Fiset’s, our influencer, video tutorial to create this look :
Here is our version of this look, in a bright and original pink color :
Find all our products and bundles on Ongles d’Or’s website and in stores !
You can share your nail arts on Social Medias, make sure to tag us !